Better Than Gold
banner

My Photo
Name:

I love to fly more than anything else in life! And sometimes, I like to write too. "Better Than Gold" is a serial-style short story I've been writing for nearly a year now, purely for fun. A new part will be typed and posted here when I can find the time.

Monday, August 22, 2005

Introduction

As if I don't already have enough journals to keep me happy!

Well, actually, this is less of a journal than it is a place for me to toss up installations of a short story that has been farting around in the back of my notebooks for a year or so. "Better Than Gold" is a little thing I like to hash away at for fun whenever I have the time, such as when I'm not working or flying. Suffice to say, it's very rough and very unfinished and not very well written at all... but it's fun to play with. And that's all I really want it for.

Originally I wanted to write it as sort of an old fashioned boys' adventure story; while I was musing over this idea it hit me to use either Blogger or Livejournal to post it on the internet - a quick and dirty way to serialize a quick and dirty serial-style story. Plus, it saves me from having to do a buttload of coding, mwa ha.

I can't say for certain I'll be updating this all that often, as the story is mostly handwritten at this point and I'm terribly lazy at typing out handwritten pages... but who knows. I love to fly and I love to write, so sooner or later I'll be all fired up about one or the other and will naturally wind up here again with a keen interest in this story again, which manages to include at least one of the above. And pirates.

Five by five!

6 Comments:

Blogger Cibo said...

THIS MAKES ME SO EXCITED :))))))))))))))))))))))))))

11:56 p.m.  
Blogger btg said...

CILLLLL, omg Cibo on Blogger makes ME excited! XD

(hahaha, and thanks!) :D

12:45 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

is this finally the motherlode? will we know how the story goes? i will follow. chris

5:07 a.m.  
Blogger btg said...

Hey chris! I dunno, I don't think I've mothered a lode in my life. But awww, I'm glad to see you here too :D.

4:44 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooooooooooo. There's my intelligent comment so far, but man, this is awesome. I love serial-style stories, I love your writing, and I'm developing a drastic appreciation for airplanes, so this is er...'ooooo'. Thanks for deciding to share, and I shall happily read!

*waggrin*

5:20 p.m.  
Blogger btg said...

I love how I don't even have to see your name to know who has just commented. I just recognise that familiar doggy grin as it drives by! XD

I have such a huge soft spots for serials as well, especially the blazing old adventure stories. And they make such great movies too COUGHINDIANAJONESCOUGH.

5:40 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home